1. Be sure to read the following important announcement! in regards to Pearson Wright's resignation, and the closure of Pirates Online Retribution on September 19th, 2017!
  2. After several days of conversing with the bulk of our community, we have unanimously agreed upon a way to legally accept Forum donations. Users who donate will be gifted with a brand new "Supporter" nameplate along with several other unique abilities. You can donate directly here! :)
    Dismiss Notice

Release Notes The Drunken Developer

Discussion in 'POR News and Updates' started by Pearson Wright, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Sawney Wrath

2. Lizzymae

Pirate Lord

As disappointed as I am about the setback, I do appreciate the devs taking the time and care to ensure everything will properly work for launch. I think that in itself says a lot - Disney didn't care if there were five bugs or a thousand bugs. They brought in new content before fixing any previous bugs. I'm glad to know we have a team that takes the time to ensure our gameplay is enjoyable.

A question, @Adrianna Angel - is Discord now available to everyone again, or is it only available to those who are VIP?

3. Lizzymae

Pirate Lord

Does this forum also seem a little dead to anyone else? I'm just noticing no one seems to post as frequently anymore. :/

4. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

It is open to all

5. jatin

jatin Swabbie

Hello where is open alpha because I don't see it on the website only por alpha 1.0.0 not open alpha

6. BrandonSJ96

POR Staff

We got too many guests and not enough pirates. Feels like anyone isn't registering to the forums.

7. BrandonSJ96

POR Staff

This is open alpha mate.

8. jatin

jatin Swabbie

I can't do any quest and sailing

9. Lizzymae

Pirate Lord

Do you know where I can find an invitation link? I've been trying look around and don't know how to navigate Discord very well.

10. BrandonSJ96

POR Staff

upload_2017-6-17_12-48-16.png

Adrianna Angel likes this.
  11. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

12. F4T4LRambo

F4T4LRambo Rigger

Any info on beta release date? I know you guys said mid June. Just wondering, no rush.

13. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

It was postponed , but we just released all the caves caves , and Davy Jones , the other aspects of the game will be released as they are fully developed

F4T4LRambo likes this.
  14. Cannibal Pie

Cannibal Pie Powder Monkey

This is brutal. Waiting very patiently and was hyped for the scheduled release. Almost been a month now.

15. warburn

"On how much %" are other things developed xD

16. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

People seem to forget or dont understand that development and our developers are everyday ordinary people like yourselves with lives to live who are working on their own free time to try to further develop the game for everyone , we are not a billion dollar company like Disney , we dont have the capabilities and resources they had , this is a public recreation of the emulator we all miss , its easy to just sit back be clueless whats involved or what is going on and just say gimme gimme gimme , when , when , when , or why , why , why ? We are at this just a week or two past one year , we made progress , did we hit bumps in the road , of course , its a rollercoaster when it comes to game development and it doesnt matter which side you prefer it just happens to both and this is due to complexity with game coding , it would be nice to just flip a switch and say its done , does not work that way unfortunately , but I do wish to say truly from my heart we do appreciate those who support us and cheer us on and who have the utmost of patience , we are after all doing this for you , the community , and no matter how long it takes we will not rest until we have met our goal , and even when that day does come there will still be the same people still naysaying us .

17. warburn

We know that :)

Adrianna Angel likes this.
  18. CryBlue

CryBlue Swabbie

MY BAGS FULL!!
    *cries*

19. Jeanie sazon36

When will the potions table be fully functional? I cant make one potion without the game crashing now. Before I would at least get one or two potions complete before the game crashed

20. Jeanie sazon36

only see 2 or 3 people in the game and any one time. where are the hundreds that used to play 3 months ago? Did they move to the two elite servers or just give up and go to another game?