1. Be sure to read the following important announcement! in regards to a proposed merge between both POR and TLOPO! Help us save the Pirates Online community before it's lost forever!
  2. Ahoy there! Be sure to read this important announcement regarding Pirates Online Retribution's official Open Beta release date! Retribution is at hand!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. After several days of conversing with the bulk of our community, we have unanimously agreed upon a way to legally accept Forum donations. Users who donate will be gifted with a brand new "Supporter" nameplate along with several other unique abilities. You can donate directly here! :)
    Dismiss Notice

Information Guide POR VS TLOPO

Discussion in 'Site News and Updates' started by Pearson Wright, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Clark

Clark Powder Monkey

Okay this is just plain wrong. TLOPO's stability has improved vastly I play pretty much daily and I crash maybe once or twice a day. And this only happens with sailing anyway when we have a big crew going on a mat run. Of course you have your random crashes just like original POTCO did because lets remember the original code is still flawed. Also the accusation of POR using TLOPO code is not to say TLOPO owns anything Disney created just that POR took work TLOPO put into their emulator in their server code. Now I don't really care about that so true or not it means nothing to me but thought I would clear that up.

JackRedhawk, KingMaddog and Jake like this.
  2. DogWash666

DogWash666 Swabbie

This thread needs to end.

3. Firestar

Firestar Powder Monkey

Turtles are pretty neat

JackRedhawk and KingMaddog like this.
  4. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

5. Rouhan

Rouhan Cabin Boy

Perhaps because that post, that made last year contradicts everything that you have been saying about the amount of times POR has been postponed. Please, if you were to say that it was only pushed back once, you'd only be lying to yourself.

Jake likes this.
  6. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

download (8).jpg View attachment 2531
    rouhan.gif

#406 Adrianna Angel, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  7. TheKnight

Funny? Well the last post on the discord was by someone named "Rares" and he rightfully highlighted that the post on the POR site, with the 4 photos showcasing a ship, some islands, and other stuff were stolen from another game! The fact is that with the delay and so on, why brag about how the update is coming and so on, when in fact the photos are stolen! No one worked on those islands or ship textures, everything was stolen from another game, and Pearson takes credit for it with "Devoted devs". I am not going to give away my discord name since that person that highlighted this is no longer on the discord channel, I would assume he left by himself when Pearson come online, or he got kicked as cenzorship is still something.
    Here is the post : https://www.piratesonline.us/ the 3 islands are stolen from this game, link below

The game is right there, great job with stealing from that game, or maybe I got it all wrong and that user was just crazy? Explain without deleting this post or my account.

Jake likes this.
  8. Golden Coast

Pirate God

First it was TLOPO, and now it's this game? What's next? Are you guys going to say we are stealing from WoW? Lol

Adrianna Angel likes this.
  9. Jake

It's not difficult to see they are blatantly the same islands. While it was skeptical with TLOPO - there can be no doubt here. (Also I was banned on Discord for enquiring about the islands.. I though y'all prided yourself on free speech and not censoring..?)

Rouhan and KingMaddog like this.
  10. Firestar

Firestar Powder Monkey

I don't know exactly what to think of this, however I have seen proof of devs working on models for new ships such as the fluyt.

Adrianna Angel likes this.
  11. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

Its never going to stop , you are right , whats next ?

12. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

They will eventually finish it and then we will be told we copied it , trust me , i have seen what your talking about also , but mark my word it will be deemed copied .

13. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

Believe what you want , but nothing was stolen .

Pearson Wright likes this.
  14. TheKnight

How can you say nothing was stolen, when the very moment, I mentioned it again on discord, I got banned? Like someone, which is obviously showing himself via "Pearson Wright likes this" is trying to cover this up! Don't you see the islands are exacly the same? And even if you believe nothing was stolen, then why did I get banned among with lots of other people for mentioning it? You are either an alt of Pearson, or you cannot see the truth, why tho I don't know...

KingMaddog likes this.
  15. Golden Coast

Pirate God

Due to the unreasonably large amounts of dramatization, I have resolved to locking this thread to further replies.

(Yea right)

#415 Golden Coast, Aug 18, 2017 at 9:32 PM
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017 at 9:44 PM
    KingMaddog likes this.