1. Be sure to read the following important announcement! in regards to Pearson Wright's resignation, and the closure of Pirates Online Retribution on September 19th, 2017!
  2. After several days of conversing with the bulk of our community, we have unanimously agreed upon a way to legally accept Forum donations. Users who donate will be gifted with a brand new "Supporter" nameplate along with several other unique abilities. You can donate directly here! :)
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement Pirates Online Retribution - OPEN BETA Announcement

Discussion in 'POR News and Updates' started by Pearson Wright, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Pearson Wright

Pirate God POR Staff

omcammmmmmo99.jpg
    Good evening, friends and fellow pirates.

It's official. At long last, the date for POR's Open Beta release has been set for May 26th, 2017, the same day the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie, POTC 5 - "Dead Men Tell No Tales" will be premiering in theaters across the USA! Open Beta will include Sailing, Crews, Poker and Blackjack, PvP, Cannon Defense, Caves, Quests, and hundreds of bug-fixes and performance enhancements. Our development team will be working extremely hard throughout the next two months in order to ensure that this deadline is met. We're all very confident, and excited for our Beta release, and would like to take this opportunity to thank the Pirates Online community for their unwavering support throughout the past few months. We never could've come this far without each and every one of you!

Pearson Wright
    Project Manager & Owner| Pirates Online Retribution

Attached Files:

#1 Pearson Wright, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. Ironskull

Ironskull
    POR Developer
    POR Staff

We are nothing without you Pearson and vice versa. You are the captain of the ship. Thank YOU for being the manager once again for this project, it takes more work and patience than people know.
    3.jpg

#2 Ironskull, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  3. RainbowPastel

RainbowPastel
    POR Youtuber
    Supporter POR Staff

Can't wait for Beta to come out! Nice teaser! :D

Fade, AaronCrayon, Darkrascal and 4 others like this.
  4. SeaDog

SeaDog Powder Monkey

OMG HYPE TRAIN IS REAL MATES!!!! XD

5. RainbowPastel

RainbowPastel
    POR Youtuber
    Supporter POR Staff

You, @Pearson Wright, and the rest of the team has been working so hard to bring back a game we all love. I love you all!

Fade, AaronCrayon, Darkrascal and 4 others like this.
  6. Haven

I'm glad to be part of such a great community and staff team, behind everyone else I'm very excited to seeing the future that POR holds.

7. BrandonSJ96

POR Staff

Pirates Online Retribution is the one game I call home over our beloved fallen POTCO (2007 - 2013) POR SHALL LIVE ON FOREVER!!! :D

8. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

^^^^^^ Yes indeed !!!!!!!^^^^^^^^

Fade, AaronCrayon, Darkrascal and 3 others like this.
  9. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

Its been an amazing adventure , POR has come a long ways and has endured , I am so excited for the community , POR has brought so much joy to those wishing to relive those magical days that vanished when Disney closed POTCO. We came together as a community , for the community , and look what has been achieved !!!! POR FOREVER MATES !!!!!!!

Fade, AaronCrayon, Darkrascal and 3 others like this.
  10. BrandonSJ96

POR Staff

11. Roger Greasefury

Looking forward to May even more!

12. Flying Dutchman

Great news. I have only one question concerning release: Pirates will still be reset, correct? That was always the original plan and I for one hope I am not the only swashbuckler longing for a fresh start when Open Beta is finally released. Thank you to the POR Staff for being persistent and firm in your actions. Thank you.

13. Flying Dutchman

Oh, might I quickly add, I am actually elated to hear that the official release of Open Beta will happen in late May. I am sure it was not intended (at least primarily, as I understand open beta is meant to be accessible to the public on the date of the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean movie's premier), but the timing of it's release conveniently coincides with the end of many common spring semesters and the opening of summer break. I would expect an influx of users around that time not only resulting from the announcement of Open Beta, but also just the plain and simple fact that starting around that time many of the players and contributors to this community, including myself, will acquire an immensely greater amount of free time. I truly can't wait to become a larger part of this indefatigable and driven community.

14. Haven

I'm quite excited as well the devs have been working extremely hard to get this game to the public.

15. Haven

There is a voting poll on if it should be reset or not however it is started by a member in our community not an admin so even if the vote goes through it's not confirmed that it will proceed it is up to the owners after all.

https://piratesforums.com/threads/vote-for-a-fresh-start-for-por-beta.3403/

AaronCrayon and Darkrascal like this.
  16. kingnight

I will say however how will this be considered a beta? got majority of the stuff needed for the game in place and ready to go? [sorry being a little wondering.]

Has not gotten on for a while waiting for updates that where needed for fun one im sure must be there now is being able to attack an enemy and that enemy chasing my sorry rear down for me being to weak or what not.

AaronCrayon and Darkrascal like this.
  17. Haven

[​IMG]

18. Joseph Treasurerage

Pirate God User Of The Month POR Staff

YEET!!! I CANT WAIT FOR BETA!!!! Por has come a long way and I knew that one day it would reach its goal. And here we are, BETA!!!!!!

Fade, CaptKQ, AaronCrayon and 3 others like this.
  19. Adrianna Angel

Pirate Lord POR Staff

View attachment 2365 1m7no7.jpg We hoisted the sails , we set a course , we traveled a long ways on our journey , I see the rainbow !!!!

#19 Adrianna Angel, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Fade and AaronCrayon like this.
  20. AaronCrayon

AaronCrayon
    POR Youtuber
    POR Staff

Yall ready for this? Where my squad at? SQUAAA!!! :p

Flying Dutchman likes this.